Sidi® Genius 5 Pro Carbon Women’s Road Cycling Shoes
If you have a bit of cash and spend quite a bit of time on your bike, you should give Sidi cycling shoes a spin.
Item: Genius 5 Pro Carbon Road Women’s Road Cycling Shoes
Activity: Road cycling
Year purchased: 2011
Price: About $250
Sidi Cycling Shoes: History
Dino Signori founded SIDI in 1960 (the company takes its name from his initials) and the Signoris and staff live and work in the tiny village of Maser, adjacent to the Bassano de Grappa climb, itself one of the historic gateways to the Italian Alps.
Sidi cycling shoes are designed and made entirely on the European continent.
Sidi Cycling Shoes: Sizing
- Sidi cylcing shoes come in three widths: standard, mega and narrow.
- Sidi cycling shoes also come in half sizes, for a more custom & comfortable fit and pedaling efficiency.
- Women’s Sidi’s are built on a different last designed to fit a woman’s more tapered foot shape.
Sidi Cycling Shoes: If the shoe fits..
When shopping for new cycling shoes, reviews are great but you really have to head to a local bike shop to try them out.
As far as fit, I found the Sidis to be by far the most comfortable, while many others I have spoken with did not. I have narrow feet and thought they were the most form-fitting for my feet and had good arch support.
After riding close to 2000 miles in my Sidis, I still love them and have no plans on changing anytime soon.
Sidi Genius 5 Pro Carbon women’s cycling shoes: The facts straight from Sidi ￼
- Millennium 3 Carbon Composite Sole®
- Breathable, supple and durable vented Lorica® microfiber upper with cooling mesh panels
- Women-specific last and narrow SIDI Heel Cup for a perfect fit
- Caliper Buckle two-way ratchet for easy on-bike adjustment with incremental tightening and loosening
- Soft Instep Closure System® and padded tongue eliminate pressure points
- High Security Velcro® won’t shift or slip Sizes 36-43 Standard, half-sizes 37.5-42.5 White Vernice, Black/Black
Learn more on SidiAmercia
Image courtesy of SidiAmerica
Article by Kim Hull
|Photography and/or videography may not be used without explicit permission.|
|Connect with Kim:|